Red Coat Guided Tour: Exeter's City Wall
Every Sunday from 4 JulyRed Coat Guided Tour: Exeter's City Wall Exeter Corn Exchange George Street Exeter Devon UK EX1 1BU https://www.exetercornexchange.co.uk/whats-on/red-coat-guided-tour-exeters-city-wall/
Discover the fascinating history of the City Wall which dates back to Roman times. Despite attacks by Vikings, William the Conqueror, King Stephen, Perkin Warbeck, Cornishmen in the Prayer Book Rebellion and both sides in the English Civil War, 70% remains standing. Finishes in the city centre.
Our tours depart from the Hooker Statue on Cathedral Green at 11am every Sunday.
Walking tours last approximately 2 hours.
Guided tours may be subject to cancellation without notice.
Guided Tours will only go ahead with a minimum of 2 people
Due to the coronavirus pandemic we have had to introduce some further restrictions
- All tours must be booked in advance.
- NHS Track & Trace details will be collected when a booking is made
- The number of people per tour is limited
- Face coverings are not mandatory but strongly recommended
- A social distance of 2 metres must be maintained at all times
- Do not attend a tour if you are feeling unwell
- Tours will only enter sites or properties that are covid secure
Please do not just turn up to a tour if you have not booked, the guide will not let you join the tour
Prices & Booking
SundaysBook Tickets Now
You do not need to collect tickets - Your tour guide will have your information when you meet at the Hooker statue